Friday, June 09, 2023

Knives Out and Glass Onion

Knives Out is damn near a perfect movie. Excellent script, perfect cast, great plot. I really can’t think of a single complaint. Okay, there’s a couple of scenes where a character throws up, which makes me nauseous (I’m emetophobic), but that’s my problem. Five star movie, ‘nuff said.

Glass Onion is almost as good. It still has an excellent cast delivering perfect performances. It has a decent plot and a snappy script. But the plot relies on a couple of contrived tropes. Anytime I see either of these particular tropes in a movie, it feels like lazy writing to me. Still, it’s impossible to watch this movie without a smile on your face, and its only real crime is not being as perfect as its predecessor.


By the way, if you want to see more of my movie ratings in one place, follow my Letterboxd account here.

No comments: