Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Beach Buggy Racing

Sometimes you pay $60 for a game, and play it for a week.  Sometimes you pay $5 for a game, and play it for years.

Beach Buggy Racing is basically a discount Mario Kart.  In fact, I'd say it's the closest thing to Mario Kart the PS4 has.  It costs $10, but it goes on sale a lot.  I got it for under $5 during one of the Playstation sales.  My wife and I have been playing it every night for months.  It's one of those games that we just don't get tired of.

It only has 15 tracks, and a small selection of characters and vehicles.  But it's just so much fun!  It was a tablet game before it came to the consoles, which is usually a recipe for disaster.  But somehow it manages to get everything right.  It controls well, has a ton of weapons, and a fair amount of depth.  The tracks are creative and full of shortcuts.

My biggest complaint is that I want more content.  More tracks, more characters, more vehicles.  If they were to release DLC, I would buy it.  I don't think that will happen, though, because they are working on a sequel.  I will say that when the sequel hits the PS4, I will buy it immediately.

If you like kart racers, buy this one immediately.  It's worth it.

No comments: